JOIN OUR TEAM
Sisters Traveling Solo Company Overview:
Sisters Traveling SoloTM (STS) is an innovative travel community and imaginative travel company focused on connecting, empowering, inspiring and supporting sisters on their travel journey. The STS Facebook community was created to empower women of color to travel solo...to travel in general. STS members are located throughout the world, offering diverse thought and engagement.
The idea of STS was sparked after founder, Cole Banks, read an online post discouraging black women from traveling solo. As a woman of color, the post disturbed Banks who frequently travels around the world solo and she knew she was not alone. Her passion for traveling solo and wanting to help other sisters led to the creation of STS.
In 2016, STS audaciously burst onto the travel scene with the goal of fostering a positive online community inspiring women to be bold, fearless and powerful in every area of their lives. Its innovative travel programs and services cater to women who dare to step outside of their comfort zone to explore the world through uniquely curated travel experiences that are fun, stress-free and affordable. Focused on more than just traveling, STS inspires women to unapologetically explore and experience life to the fullest on their terms and timeline. Whether a travel novice or experienced explorer, STS offers adventures for sisters on both ends of the spectrum and between.
STS is one of the only travel companies focused on eliminating obstacles that may prevent sisters from embarking on their travel journeys. Uniquely positioned to help remove travel barriers, STS developed the first passport giveaway program that awards a different member with a new passport each month through a free and simple submission and selection process. Since the program’s inception, seven women have become passport owners—equipping them with one of the necessary keys to unlock access to exciting new international destinations.
Social Media Marketing Intern
Sisters Traveling Solo (STS) is looking for an optimistic, passionate, and dedicated part time Social Media Marketing Intern to join our team. Intern must be located in Atlanta Georgia. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company in the travel industry. Our Social Media Intern role is ideal for a marketing or advertising student or anyone looking to gain more skills in these areas. Social Media Marketing Intern must be willing to assist in helping develop, design, coordinate, and execute an organic social media plan for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
We’re looking for a motivated and innovative individual who loves working in a team environment and is very detail oriented. The Social Media Intern should be passionate about learning more about social media marketing and a great multi-tasker. In a perfect world, the Social Media Intern will be independently motivated and have the ability to manage shifting priorities and concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment with confidence.
Not only will the intern be handling social media for STS, he or she will also be responsible for the supervision and handling of the STS Blog as well. The intern will not be limited to these two tasks, but should expect to assist in other areas of email marketing, marketing analytics, elementary graphic design, content creation, and more. The intern will gain valuable skills in planning, organizing, reporting, strategizing, creative processing, and experimenting with many different facets under the marketing umbrella.
The Social Media Marketing Intern will be responsible for creating a social media ‘game plan’ that explains the best content, amount of posts, times to post, etc. that grows the social media channels. They will also be responsible for creating new ideas to grow the STS blog while monitoring all approvals and publishing. As noted above, the intern will not be limited to these tasks.
- Create social media content with an emphasis on audience engagement; handling all social media responses
- Publish blog articles and reshare on social media platforms
- Organize user-generated content from social media channels and dedicated hashtags or keywords.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the monthly content schedule.
- Schedule posts on specific key account’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Manage all blogs in terms of receiving author approval, set up for publishing, and followed social media posts
- Assist with projects in the areas of marketing, email marketing, marketing analytics, video production, set design, etc.
- Constantly examine marketing analytics and see what is and isn’t working
- Senior, graduate or post graduate student classification in an accredited college or university
- Must have a strong interest in social media and marketing.
- Previous social media experience is a plus.
- Ability to work 20 hours per week
- A minimum 3.0 GPA required (or final GPA)
- Professional previous internship or professional experience preferred
- Capacity to learn and apply new concepts in a dynamic environment quickly
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team- Exceptional problem-solving abilities; resourceful
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Willingness to bring new ideas and strategies to the team
- Must have working knowledge in Microsoft Office Necessary Skills- Effective multi-tasker
- Must be friendly and outgoing- Strong attention to detail- Good with numbers and analytics
Participation in both STS travel conference and Atlanta's Women's expo events are required.
Internship term - Mid March - Mid October
Time commitment of 20 hours per week.
- Must be located in Atlanta, Georgia
This is a non-paid internship. However, Intern upon successful competition of internship program will be given the ability to attend one (1) of STS traditional or cultural trips in the summer (June or July) of 2020.
- Intern will be given a $3,500 trip credit to be used towards STS total trip cost as listed on STS website. Any excess trip credit funds will be used towards the purchase of the flight for that said trip. No cash will be given. Trip credit will only be allowed to be used one (1) trip only. Any access credit cannot be applied to any other trip or refunded.
- Travel and Experience amazing cultures
- Make life long connection
- Learn new skills with fast growing company that can be added to professional resume
- Connect with like minded people
- And much more!
- This role at this time is not likely to into turn to a paid / permanent role with STS. At this moment this role is an internship opportunity.
- If your video won't upload, after submitting your application you can email your video separately. We will not accept any applications without the required video. Both must be submitted on time.
Please be sure to include all requested information when submitting your application. We will follow up with anyone who meets our current need. Please avoid emailing us requesting an update.
We will not accept late submissions, or any information emailed to us.
3/15/19 at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
We will not take late submissions for any reason.